Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quote #422, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

Here goes Blog Quote #422...

Have more than thou showest, speak less than thou knowest."
-William Shakespeare-

Admittedly, I've always had a tough time with Shakespeare. Apparently my mind is extremely simple.

This quote, I loved. I believe when he quoted this he was talking about posessions and finances. However, it could be taken in context for many things of life.

Braggers, loud mouths and show-offs are usually quite unpopular. On the other hand, humility and humbleness seem to be qualities that are looked upon favorably by most.

I guess it sort of falls into the under promise and over deliver category? Like the small ice cream that gets you 2 scoops, or the car mechanic that says it will be about a hundred bucks, and the bill comes in at $87.50.

Three cheers for the humble, the over deliverers, and the people with more in the tank than they boast about!

That's my view...what say you?

No comments: