Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quote #398, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

Here goes Blog quote #398...

"There is no ceiling on honesty."
-Janet Brighton-

This quote from the lovely Ms Brighton really got my attention. We were having a conversation via the world wide web/internet, and I told her that my handshake meant everything. Without that I have nothing. My words mean zippo. Zilch. Squat. My integrity... gone.

She agreed. Then she comes back at me with this quote which is saying similar stuff, yet in a whole new way. I took 'having no ceiling' to mean that you always have to be honest, regardless of how little or how much is at stake. Irrespective of who is looking and who isn't. No matter if it costs you some benefit in the short term.

Be HONEST. With yourself. With others. That's a good solid way to live. We want others to be honest with us, don't we? Then shouldn't we try to have 'no ceiling' on honesty ourselves? I love the quote, I've always lived it, and this thought from Brighton is more reinforcement to staying on the honesty train for the future. How about you?

That's my view...what say you?

No comments: