Thursday, November 5, 2009

Quote #279, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

Here goes blog quote #279...

"I haven't had money for 21 years. What's another year?"
-Warrick Dunn, NFL running back-

When they asked Florida State running back standout if he was going to leave after his junior year to go to the pros, that was his quote. One of the best answers I've ever heard.

Stay in school. Get your degree. It stays with you for life. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait. I realize that football is a tough sport and due to the contact on the body, playing time is limited... but that is looking well into the future. What about the extra year you cut short of college life? Of experiences? Of growing into a complete adult?

As Warrick said, the money will be there. And what will be will be. Some play for 20 years, ala, Brett Favre, and some get an early retirement due to injuries. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I love Warrick Dunn's attitude here!

That's my view...what say you?

No comments: