Monday, October 19, 2009

Quote #272, My Thoughts and YOUR thoughts

Here goes blog quote #272...

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all."
-Michelangelo-

Two things came to mind when I read this quote. First is that the professionals make things look so "easy". If people knew behind the scenes all that goes into anything that is great, they would be shocked. There is a reason that there are only a few 'masters' who are at the top of their game. It's because most don't have the drive, desire, energy, persistence to do WHAT IT TAKES to be a master of whatever the subject is.

Second, we all wonder how cool it would be to be a star, be the best, be someone that all others look up to. Again we don't recognize the price that these famous people pay for being who they are. Just imagine everywhere you go, someone wants your autograph or wants to talk to you about your specialty.It's a great thing and an honor, but believe me.. the people that handle all the notoriety with class, grace and humbleness, I give a gold star to. Everything, even fame, isn't all its cracked up to be.

That's my view...what say you?

No comments: