Friday, November 8, 2013

Blog Quote #578

Here's Blog Quote #578...
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready, you see.Now my troubles-- are going to have trouble with me."
-Dr Seuss-

What a great reminder to us all that troubles are everywhere, for everyone. We are not alone, and yes, we all have them. And they come from all over-- our past, our present, and certainly to come in the future. 
But Seuss reminds us that: 
a.) it's OK to acknowledge them   and
b.) to take them head on

Put fear away, and confront our problems. For half of people's stress and headaches, come from the worry, and the inaction-- of addressing problems.

Like Seuss says-- 'grab the bat,'  go on the offensive, and let your problems know who is boss. Take them on, deal with, and move through them.

Bonus note: We all learn from our problems and challenges and eventually become stronger and wiser!  Bring 'em on!

That's my view...what say you?

1 comment:

Annamaria said...

Couldn't agree more. When faced with problems/challenges you have two choices:
1. Let them overwhelm you and beat you down.
Or
2. Rise up to them and grab your big bat!
As Martin Luther King said, "The ultimate measure of a man (or woman) is not where he (she) stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he (she) stands at times of challenge and controversy."
So I'm off now to practice swinging my BIG bat!