Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Blog Quote #547

Here's Blog Quote #547...
"You all laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same."
-John Davis-

Are you different or are you one of the same? 
Tough question that many struggle with or at least think often about.

I believe that in life, we have to learn to do both. First, let's tackle being the same, fitting in, one of the crowd. It's part of human nature to want to fit in and be accepted by the crowd. After all when we first meet someone, we are looking for common ground. 

Do you like pizza? Did you see that Batman movie? Oh, you are a baseball fan too? You grew up in Florida? Oh, my parents are from there, and we visit frequently. 

As relationships mature though, we find that while commonalities are wonderful, we start embracing our differences and unique qualities. And wouldn't the world be so boring if we all thought the same, looked alike, and agreed on everything? Fact is-- we ARE all DIFFERENT, with vast varieties of skills, talents, likes, and distastes.  

I can go both ways here, and blend in when needed, but I'm more of a black sheep or different cat when it comes to most. I like thinking outside the box, and challenging  my brain and abilities, versus following the rest of the crowd.

How about you? Trendsetter, or mesh in with the rest of the Smith's, Williams', and Johnson's?

Incidentally- there is no right answer here. Just an excellent quote that got me thinking.

That's my view, what say you?


No comments: